I've been trying several different brands of late , the reason , either too much fish { different combo's , but always with same fish } or too goopy , some were all pate !!!...With these there is a balance of both w /gravy , some gelee } I live close to a Pet-Co , So I was able to look and choose , found 4 -flavors that were unique to me { had seen a few on here }..I bought these in cans , 1. Double Happiness tuna/crab in gelee , both ate the whole thing , it smelled really good , looked nice , the tuna was light in color , not the dark kind , it did look drier than what I'm use too when it has the gelee instead of a gravy , but the pieces are in tender chunks , easy to break down so the amount was perfect...I just found out that this brand is made by WeRuVa which stands for { 3 kitty partners.. } Webster , Rudy , and Vanessa..2. Shrimply Divine , is a combo of shrimp and tuna { kinda drier looking , but was fine , smelled great , looked great..They ate it all...3. Tri-Fusion is kinda misleading it is actually according to ingredients, tuna /grilled salmon and beef with duck..they went for this one , and so far it seems to be the only beef and fish combo I've found that smelled good { not great , but I'm not a fish smell person , Yuk } it was in the gravy , but not too heavy...4. Polynesian Chicken { I did not see that one , room mate fed this one , but stated it looked and smelled , you know, great..I can say no more other than they ate it..I will up-date when I see it..They make the BFF { best feline friend } It's the same contact information , I have tried all of the above , and like all equally , However if there is a stand out it would be this one..And then there is this Caveat it has Carrageenan in the can variety , so far I have only checked the 4 , { first time buying in cans , was buying in pouches } This shouldn't be available for human or animal consumption after much debate and testing , it is considered a carcinogen { still lightly debated , I guess }and we know what that means the big * C * ..Because we have the pouches , in these flavors { bought online }..1. Love me tender..{ chicken and duck with gelee..}..2.. Pumpkin Jack Splash. I believe all pouches are Carrageenan free , without grain , gluten and BPA free..with a few of the Soulistic pouches, there is a chicken and pumpkin in this pouch that is thicker in sauce { called Autumn Bounty } , one took time , turned her nose up , now she eats it all..Triple Harmony is Chicken , Tuna and Salmon in sauce..That was the first one and it went fast..I'm not having to feed as much , and less activity in box , without a strong smell..I put a call in to find out , will up-date ...Over-all , I love, love , love this food , and it shows with our 2 fur-brats ...~!~
P.s I tried to add a short video of the receipt from Petco from my iPhone to this review , file, could not be found , maybe I did it wrong , but it is on my phone now..lol
These are packed in a case being 12 cans , I bought four @ $ 11.88 for the 12, { 48 cans 3.0 oz. and each can is full.!!! total with tax was $ 51.32}
We can get 2 small meals apiece out of one can , even though Pasha waits for Callie to finish , she is Patient { enough } for Callie to get her fill..~!~
I'm hoping to convince them to remove the Carrageenan...Soulistic is worth it , truly....~!~
lastly , in the pouches , there is Taurine { needed amino acid }and there is Tapioca Starch instead of the Carrageenan..So pouches are definitely the healthier of the two right now....~!~
5/6/13
I got a call back from WeRuVa , and it seems there is .0025 % of Carrageenan in the gelee food only, it is not in the pouches or for some reason a blend of say , chicken and tuna , or chicken and salmon..at least that's what Miss Sheryl {Pat was busy ,} said , she is going to send me a list of what has what... Shame , this is the newest from them , and in my opinion the best I've seen in a long time and being exclusive to PetCo { and here } does make it worth the 0.99 cents per can ...~!~
5/13/13
Since a week has now come to past , more has been fed , and they're still excited to eat this ..I did find the Polynesian Chicken to be the same with the gelee as the others , I noted...In my honest opinion healthier than some , if not most..For the Carrageenan { still working on it } Miss Sheryl , will get back to me when she is able to pose the question in a meeting , my statement back to her was...If WERUVA , removed it from all other products Manufactured by them , why not this one..!?!
I just went to Pet-Co website and looked at all the ingredient's and all but one { Soulistic Golden Fortune has the Tapioca Starch , the can food }...Time to call Pet-Co..~!~
Soulistic Shrimply Divine Tuna & Shrimp Dinner Adult Canned Cat
Posted by
Unknown
on Sunday, January 3, 2016
0 comments:
Post a Comment